Empowerment Living Room S - Female Leaders within Male Dominated Spaces
Time & Location
About the Event
Empowerment Living Room - Special Event - Discussion Panel
For all the details and to check our panellists go to the Event Landing Page.
WOMEN LEADERS WITHIN MALE-DOMINATED SPACES
- 18:45 – Online Room opens for the Panellists
- 19:00 – Room opens for all participants
- 19:05 – Empowr Living Room and Empowr International & Partners Intro
- 19:07 – Short introduction of our panellists
- 19:10 – Start of the moderated panel discussion
- 19:40 – Opening for 1-2 questions from the Audience
- 19:50 – Closing questions to the panel
- 20:10 – Opening for 1-2 questions from the Audience
- 20:20 – Closing statements from each Panellist
- 20:28 – Closing of the formal part of the panel
- 20:30 – Opening of breakout sessions for networking
- 21:00 – Closure of the online room
Guidelines & Agreements
This will be a moderated discussion, sometimes supported by a panel of selected skilful women over a topic that will be read in the beginning of the meeting Some basic agreements are asked for, so everyone joining is expected to follow such points.
They are as below:
· Listen to understand first, try to not unnecessarily interrupt others. Be curious and remember that attentive listening makes communication better.
· Suspend judgment, be considerate, allow dissent. Avoid cross-talking and reacting to what is being said. You don’t need to agree, listen and be curious about different perspectives.
· Honesty and authenticity are welcome, just be kind. Share based on your experience and values, understanding others may have different ones.
· Be concise, relevant, to the point. Sometimes we get lost in our stories, telling a lot of details. Remember to give others space and time too.
· Be proactive. Own what you say and take responsibility for making this a meaningful conversation for everyone.
Role of the Moderator: the moderator may interrupt, recalibrate or re-set the conversation. They will do so only with the objective of assuring the guidelines above, enabling proper time management.
General format of the Meeting: the meeting will take 90 minutes following the agenda below (modifications may apply):
For the event on this date check the agenda at the top of this description
· Welcome (5’): hello to everyone, a reminder of the guidelines and role of the moderator and a brief introduction of who are the panellists, if the case.
· Quick check In (5’): depending on the familiarity among participants a quick check-in will be moderated. This will vary from meeting to meeting.
· Intro (2-10’): the moderator will introduce the topic of the day. This will happen by the reading of a paragraph about it, which may or may not be followed by a presentation from the moderator or from one or more of the panellists, never beyond 10 minutes.
· Discussion Kick-off (2-5’): 2-3 Questions will be suggested to start the conversation. Participants will be asked if they want to add a question too. 5 questions are the limit.
· Open up discussion (45’): in groups of up to 5 (breakout rooms will be set as needed) and all participants are invited to contribute. Each room will have an assigned moderator.
· Reflection (10’): participants will be asked to take some individual/silence time to reflect upon the discussions they had and make their own notes. Sometimes, a couple of questions will be proposed. In general, this will be done in the main group, after the closure of the breakout rooms.
· Wrap up (10’): participants can share their learnings, insights or conclusions. Each participant should talk no longer than 1 minute + 30 seconds of flexibility.
· After finishing the room will continue open for 10-15’ for the ones who want to simply socialize. Breakout rooms will be available if necessary.
- Women Leaders PanelCHF10+CHF0.25 Service feeCHF10+CHF0.25 Service fee0CHF0