Empowerment Living Room - OPEN/FREE DISCUSSION
Time & Location
About the Event
Below you can find our general rules of engagement.
Topic defined a couple of weeks before each event and posted on the website.
Empowerment Living Room - Guidelines & Agreements
This will be a moderated discussion, sometimes supported by a panel of selected skilful people over a topic that will be read at the beginning of the meeting. Some basic agreements are asked for, so everyone joining is expected to follow such points.
They are as below:
· Listen to understand first, don’t interrupt others. Be curious and remember that attentive listening makes communication better.
· Suspend judgment, be considerate, allow dissent. Avoid cross-talking and reacting to what is being said. You don’t need to agree, just listen and be curious.
· Honesty and authenticity are welcome, just be kind. Share, based on your experience and values, understanding others may have different ones.
· Be concise, relevant, to the point. Sometimes we get lost in our stories, telling a lot of details, try not to do that. Remember to give others space and time too.
· Be proactive. Own what you say and take responsibility for making this a meaningful conversation for everyone.
Role of the Moderator: The moderator may interrupt, recalibrate or re-set the conversation. They will do so only with the objective of assuring the guidelines above, enabling proper time management.
General Format of the Meeting: The meeting will take 90 minutes following the agenda below (modifications may apply):
· Welcome (5’): hello to everyone, a reminder of the guidelines and role of the moderator and a brief introduction of who are the panellist if it is the case.
· Quick check In (5’): depending on the familiarity among participants a quick check-in will be moderated. This will vary from meeting to meeting.
· Intro (2-10’): the moderator will introduce the topic of the day. This will happen by the reading of a paragraph about it, which may or may not be followed by a presentation from the moderator or from one or more of the panellists, never beyond 10 minutes.
· Discussion Kick-off (2-5’): 2-3 Questions will be suggested to start the conversation. Participants will be asked if they want to add a question too. 5 questions are the limit.
· Open up discussion (45’): in groups of up to 5 (breakout rooms will be set as needed) and all participants are invited to contribute. Each room will have an assigned moderator.
· Reflection (10’): participants will be asked to take some individual/silence time to reflect upon the discussions they had and make their own notes. Sometimes, a couple of questions will be proposed. In general, this will be done in the main group, after the closure of the breakout rooms.
· Wrap up (10’): participants can share their learnings, insights or conclusions. Each participant should talk no longer than 1 minute + 30 seconds extra.
· After finishing the event, the room may continue open for 10-15’ for the ones who want to simply socialize. Breakout rooms will be available if necessary.
- Empowerment Living RoomCHF0CHF00CHF0