Empowerment Living Room - Choosing an Extraordinary Life: Pain or Pleasure?
Time & Location
About the Event
JULY TOPIC: CHOOSING AN EXTRAORDINARY LIFE: PAIN OR PLEASURE?
In the polarized world we live in today, while some struggle to make a living, others search for a life in purpose. Lots of us have gotten tired of our jobs and of the corporate world and decide to become entrepreneurs. Some get burned out in the startup world and find themselves lost. Women and men feel the preassure to do what their families or friends expect of them, despite the cultural changes in the world. And... the economic or financial burden of our current systems take away our freedom. Is it even possible to choose an extraordinary life? What does it take? Would this have to mean suffering and giving away a good quality of living? Or can we make it a pleasant and even happy experience?
Join us in discussing and exchanging ideas and experiences around that.
We will bring some ideas around what takes or how to change paradigms and context, and we want to hear from you as well. What are your suggestions?
Empowerment Living Room - Guidelines & Agreements
This will be a moderated discussion, sometimes supported by a panel of selected skilful women over a topic that will be read at the beginning of the meeting Some basic agreements are asked for, so everyone joining is expected to follow such points.
They are as below:
· Listen to understand first, don’t interrupt others. Be curious and remember that attentive listening makes communication better.
· Suspend judgment, be considerate, allow dissent. Avoid cross-talking and reacting to what is being said. You don’t need to agree, just listen and be curious.
· Honesty and authenticity are welcome, just be kind. Share, based on your experience and values, understanding others may have different ones.
· Be concise, relevant, to the point. Sometimes we get lost in our stories, telling a lot of details, try not to do that. Remember to give others space and time too.
· Be proactive. Own what you say and take responsibility for making this a meaningful conversation for everyone.
Role of the Moderator: The moderator may interrupt, recalibrate or re-set the conversation. They will do so only with the objective of assuring the guidelines above, enabling proper time management.
General Format of the Meeting: The meeting will take 90 minutes following the agenda below (modifications may apply):
· Welcome (5’): hello to everyone, a reminder of the guidelines and role of the moderator and a brief introduction of who are the panellist if the case.
· Quick check In (5’): depending on the familiarity among participants a quick check-in will be moderated. This will vary from meeting to meeting.
· Intro (2-10’): the moderator will introduce the topic of the day. This will happen by the reading of a paragraph about it, which may or may not be followed by a presentation from the moderator or from one or more of the panellists, never beyond 10 minutes.
· Discussion Kick-off (2-5’): 2-3 Questions will be suggested to start the conversation. Participants will be asked if they want to add a question too. 5 questions are the limit.
· Open up discussion (45’): in groups of up to 5 (breakout rooms will be set as needed) and all participants are invited to contribute. Each room will have an assigned moderator.
· Reflection (10’): participants will be asked to take some individual/silence time to reflect upon the discussions they had and make their own notes. Sometimes, a couple of questions will be proposed. In general, this will be done in the main group, after the closure of the breakout rooms.
· Wrap up (10’): participants can share their learnings, insights or conclusions. Each participant should talk no longer than 1 minute + 30 seconds extra.
· After finishing the event, the room may continue open for 10-15’ for the ones who want to simply socialize. Breakout rooms will be available if necessary.
- Empowerment Living RoomCHF0CHF00CHF0