Empowerment Living Room - Building Up Resilience
Time & Location
About the Event
APRIL TOPIC: BUILDING UP RESILIENCE
Self-confidence and self-motivation are important for anyone who want to achieve something. Patience and resilience follow as traits to support the journey. It is common though that our moods vary, our confidence in ourselves, in our actions and even in our beliefs may be shaken from time to time. How can we avoid the ups and downs of our own emotional state? How can we always go back to our sweet spot and keep going with a joyful, confident and optimistic mindset. We know some things take time, but it is difficult to keep this balance at all times. In this event of Empowr Living Room, we will revise some alternatives to building up our resilience, share our own experiences and learn from each other.
Empowerment Living Room - Guidelines & Agreements
This will be a moderated discussion, sometimes supported by a panel of selected skilful women over a topic that will be read at the beginning of the meeting Some basic agreements are asked for, so everyone joining is expected to follow such points.
They are as below:
· Listen to understand first, don’t interrupt others. Be curious and remember that attentive listening makes communication better.
· Suspend judgment, be considerate, allow dissent. Avoid cross-talking and reacting to what is being said. You don’t need to agree, just listen and be curious.
· Honesty and authenticity are welcome, just be kind. Share, based on your experience and values, understanding others may have different ones.
· Be concise, relevant, to the point. Sometimes we get lost in our stories, telling a lot of details, try not to do that. Remember to give others space and time too.
· Be proactive. Own what you say and take responsibility for making this a meaningful conversation for everyone.
Role of the Moderator: The moderator may interrupt, recalibrate or re-set the conversation. They will do so only with the objective of assuring the guidelines above, enabling proper time management.
General Format of the Meeting: The meeting will take 90 minutes following the agenda below (modifications may apply):
· Welcome (5’): hello to everyone, a reminder of the guidelines and role of the moderator and a brief introduction of who are the panellist if the case.
· Quick check In (5’): depending on the familiarity among participants a quick check-in will be moderated. This will vary from meeting to meeting.
· Intro (2-10’): the moderator will introduce the topic of the day. This will happen by the reading of a paragraph about it, which may or may not be followed by a presentation from the moderator or from one or more of the panellists, never beyond 10 minutes.
· Discussion Kick-off (2-5’): 2-3 Questions will be suggested to start the conversation. Participants will be asked if they want to add a question too. 5 questions are the limit.
· Open up discussion (45’): in groups of up to 5 (breakout rooms will be set as needed) and all participants are invited to contribute. Each room will have an assigned moderator.
· Reflection (10’): participants will be asked to take some individual/silence time to reflect upon the discussions they had and make their own notes. Sometimes, a couple of questions will be proposed. In general, this will be done in the main group, after the closure of the breakout rooms.
· Wrap up (10’): participants can share their learnings, insights or conclusions. Each participant should talk no longer than 1 minute + 30 seconds extra.
· After finishing the event, the room may continue open for 10-15’ for the ones who want to simply socialize. Breakout rooms will be available if necessary.
- Empowerment Living Room$0$00$0